- Boys 10 times more likely to get HPV vaccine in provinces where programs are publicly funded - Newswise
- India: IFC mulls $52.5m funding in PE-backed Zenex Animal Health - DealStreetAsia
- Autistic people need a greater say in where NZ's autism research funding is spent – here’s a way forward - The Conversation AU
- Huge investment in Mississauga hospital expansion bitter-sweet for Brampton - The Pointer
- St. Joe’s seeks to add CT scanner to its emergency department to reduce wait times, code zeros - Globalnews.ca
Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
July 27, 2017
July 21, 2017
New research is constantly changing the landscape of healthcare funding and it can be challenging to keep up. Here are a few recent articles that we found interesting and think that you may as well.
Sommers BD, Naylor CD. Medicaid Block Grants and Federalism: Lessons From Canada. Jama. 2017 Apr 25;317(16):1619-20.
Sutherland JM, Liu G, Crump RT, Law M. Paying for volume: British Columbia’s experiment with funding hospitals based on activity. Health Policy. 2016 Nov 30;120(11):1322-8.
Jacobs J, Daniel I, Baker G, Brown A, Wodchis W. Bundling Care and Payment: Evidence From Early Adopters. 2015.
Edwards PK, Mears SC, Barnes CL. BPCI: Everyone Wins, Including the Patient. J Arthroplasty. 2017;32(6):1728–31.
Mohnen SM, Molema CC, Steenbeek W, van den Berg MJ, de Bruin SR, Baan CA, et al. Cost Variation in Diabetes Care across Dutch Care Groups? Health Serv Res. 2017 Feb 1;52(1):93–112.
January 30, 2017
The February 2017 issue of Healthcare Funding News discusses discusses our report from the CD Howe Institute on integrated funding models, new federal funding for mental health and home care, and some of the likely implications of the new administration south of the border vis-à-vis efforts to reform health care delivery.
Subscribe to Healthcare Funding News to enhance your understanding and stay current on health care funding in Canada.
January 22, 2017
Jason Sutherland and Erik Hellsten write that Canada needs to break down payment silos for more effective health care. This report from the C.D. Howe Institute provides an overview of provincial silo-based payment models and draws lessons for Canada from international integrated payment reforms. Read the report here.