- Canada’s ‘haves-and-have-nots’ health system lags behind Europe, study finds - The Guardian
- Canadian Drugs and Substances Strategy: Overview - Canada.ca
- Healthcare Funding Crisis - The Bullet - Socialist Project
- Health Canada funds 2 key drug checking projects at St. Michael's Hospital - Unity Health Toronto
- Health Canada announces more than $21 million to support community-based organization who are helping address ... - Canada.ca
Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
March 25, 2013
We pay people to do things. It’s an underpinning of western civilization, which has evolved to a point where we pay people to do more of things we want. This concept holds remarkably true right up until we begin talking about healthcare. In healthcare, we either do not pay people to do things better (often in public systems), or paying people to do things better doesn’t seem to work. Paying hospitals for what they do is common elsewhere. Read more
March 12, 2013
The Health Care Funding team will be giving two presentations at the Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research conference in Vancouver in May. The first examines methods for analyzing costs of care and the second the effect of ABF in BC.